Monday 3 May 2010

Participating in Rachel's art

As I continue my journey into the world of participatory art, I have been thinking about my own participation in Rachel's art and with Poppy, her giant snowball which is made out of bubblewrap and sellotape.












All of the above images have been authorised to use by Rachel.


After our mind boggling web design lecture, me and Rachel decided to go and have some fun and take Poppy out on an adventure and create some art.

During this process, I actively participated in Rachel's art by contributing to the experimental process, allowing my friend to explore with and try out various compositions and different ideas. 

In particular, I really enjoyed just observing the way in which people at uni especially interacted with Rachel's ball in curious and incquisitive ways. No one was reluctant to participate, and those who did seemed to show a genuine interest in it, and how 'unusual' and in someways how 'deliberate' it was.

It was great just to take an active role in being a part of this experience, and helping Rachel with her art. Thank you Rachel for letting me participate.   :-) 

3 comments:

  1. You are welcome Jaz. Thank you for carrying poppy for me. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome. I had a lovely day and our adventure inspired me :)
    xx.

    ReplyDelete