Thursday 27 May 2010

Layered images and commentries.

So following my previous post on multi-layered images to express our identities, I have managed to purchase some acetate. In order to create 'layered' responses which participants have contributed, I have combined both their images and their commentries into one response.

I think that these pieces work really well. The contrast between the two layers in each of the responses highlights the participants philosophy/understanding of their identity, whilst also providing a visual snapshot in the form of a picture to further represent and support this.

Here are some of the participants responses that I have combined:


Contributed by: Lorraine Loveland-Armour

Contributed by: Rhiannon Walker

Contributed by: Shirley Meades

In these responses, I have ensured that I have included the participants Facebook profile picture, and the time & date that they contributed their responses. This contributes to the preserving and documentation of their participation & their responses.

I have also placed these responses within sandwich bags. Again, these really work well. Against a white background, and the images themselves, the text becomes more distinctive and adds a sense of depth to the participaants responses.  

No comments:

Post a Comment