Wednesday 26 May 2010

My exhibition.

For my exhibition, I have decided that I would like to create an installation. So this is where the exhibition space is used as an aesthetic component, and where the viewer enters the space in order to engage with the art.

In considering potential locations for my exhibiton, I would have considered both the chapel and the art studio. Nevertheless, I have decided that I would like to create my installation in the art studio. This is for a number of reasons.

Throughout exhibition week, there will hopefully be many people filtering through the studio from across uni. The studio also contains the work of my fellow students. Therefore, as viewers enter the studio, I would hope that they explore the studio, and engage with the different exhibitions throughout the studio, including mine.

The studio also has the number of boards available which I would like to use to create my exhibition. Having these available in this location means that there would be minimal disruption in having to adjust these boards, and that other students would still be able to use the other sides of the boards for their exhibition if required. 

My intention is to create a space, which invites the viewer to directly engage with the art, and recognise the participation of my participants, whilst also encouraging them to actively participate in my art.

I am planning on doing this by showing a range of responses that I have had from my participants throughout the project on the baords, whilst also providing opportunities for the viewers of the installation to contribute to the project by creating a space where potential viewers can also participate - possibly a table with a selection of materials available to use.   

No comments:

Post a Comment