Thursday 27 May 2010

And some more acatateness!

Following the success of the layered images (in my previous post), I have now considered the responses of my participants who have contributed in the form of text on the 'wall' of my Facebook group.

My original plan was to print off their responses on paper alongside their profile picture, and the time & date that they participated within this project.

However, after trying this, I wasn't fully satisfied. So I then considered what difference it would make if I printed these onto acetate instead.

This made such a great difference. As acetate is transparent, this means that these printed responses could also be placed within sandwich bags. The white paint on my boards will allow the viewer to read these responses fairly easily.

I also feel that by using acetate, the responses of my participants have been further embedded. E.g. the ink has absorbed into the acetate, and is now irreversible.

Their participation has been documented and preserved both within the acetate, in addition to the sandwich bags. So this is both individual and collective participation.

No comments:

Post a Comment