Thursday 15 April 2010

The distribution of my first pack...

Whilst at college today, I gave out my first pack (the one mentioned in my previous posting). I asked the participant if they wanted to participate first of all, from which the answer was yes! :-)

I wonder if I would get a different response if the packs I have put together were left in a particular location/place and then people could choose if they wanted to participate or not (like with my disposable cameras), rather than being forced to feel as if they should participate as a result of direct communication?  

I provided the participant with the pack of the materials whilst explaining that there was no obligation whatsoever to use any of the materials that I had provided. They could use as many of they wished to, in addition to any others of their choosing. I asked the participant to respond to the word 'art' and encouraged them to interpret this in which ever way they wished.

I wonder if the participants interpretation of the word 'art' will have an impact on what they have been asked to do and what they create? For example, if I hadn't directly mentioned anything about interpretation, would this have had an impact on what the participant actually creates rather than what they would have created if they knew this piece of information? These are some thoughts to ponder so I will wait and see what results I get....   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment